Friday, October 1, 2010

rise up this mornin'; smile with the rising sun...

D-DAY!!!  i just got back from an amazingly good run this morning.  i purposely ran without my garmin because i didn't want to pay attention to pace or distance.  i did cheat a little and use mapmyrun app on my cell.  but i didn't check it until the end when i wanted to hit 3 miles.

either way, pace???  calories burned??? average heart rate????  i'm a rebel.  i didn't check (nevermind that i couldn't check some of those stats without my garmin!)

it was a rather liberating experience.  and since it was what i was aiming for, i wore my vibram five fingers to up the ante.  add to this, that i got my new moving comfort sportsbra and zensah compression sleeves, and i felt like a tribal princess.....minus the floppy boobs thanks to my new bra.  i felt light and swift, and graceful.   overall, my rhythm was seemless with the ground moving beneath me.  it was perfect.  the sky was clear as the sun lit it up, the air was fresh and the dew was cool on my feet.

amazing....i wish that everyone could experience this feeling of exhiliration at least once in their lives from something they love to do (without unnecessary/illegal pharmaceutical intervention.)

i can carry on with whatever else comes my way today....BRING IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment