Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"the only thing that i pray is that my feet don't fail me now..."

so the holidays came and went too quickly, but thank GOD!  i surely would've gained some good weight.  i jumped and tumbled off the bandwagon.  it was too easy to do so, and that is the story of my life.

either way, i've decided to just watch my caloric intake and up my exercise.  no it's not a new year's resolution. ug.  though it does feel like one.  "fresh new year, fresh new start!" right? blechhh....so wrong.  the timing just happens to coincide with january, and the beginning of it (no less.)

whatevs. i did also find out about this crazy long distance relay of just over 200 miles.  It's split up into 40 legs and you can get a team of 12 to do it.  There is a 36 hour limit to finish, which averages out to a 10-10.5 minute mile.  I can't run that fast.  At least not for more than 2-3 miles....or in the past couple months. So, for some reason, i decided to take on the crazy task of organizing this schhhhhh-tuff.

and all i'm thinking is, "what the crap did i get myself into?!?!?!"  but i'm the team captain of 8 other peeps and 3 more left to confirm.  I've put together a "mixer/informational meeting" to help recruit my last 3 victims.  and if we get them, shoot, it's ON. and then i'll really be pooping some bricks!

i know, in my fear of biting off more than i can chew, my articulation suffers.  forgive. i'll put some thought into my next post.  hopefully. if this doesn't start to eat away at my sleep.  AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

alright, now that that's out of my system...besides the fact that we each will be running about the length of a marathon for a combined 36 hours around the clock in a van full of ladies, i have to look into team shirts, team logo, team name, renting (or otherwise finding) 2 huge suburban-esque vehicles, and overnight accommodations for those who won't be running. oh, and i need to somehow orchestrate exchanges between what will be resting and active vans....wtf?

yeah, long story short, logistical nightmare. and seeing as how, i (team captain) am a slower runner with a couple others on the team, i really can't make up for lost time due to confusion as to who needs to be where and when. ug.

why did i say i'd do this?!?!?!  LAWD, help this child!

yeah, let me stop blogging and start looking for some divine intervention....i guess i should start at amazon.com....they've got everything on that site.

1 comment:

  1. Homes, first of all, let me say that I did not know you had a blog! It's awesome!! You seriously are an excellent writer... the kind I aspire to be... comically real.

    Wish so badly I could do this relay with you... it sounds so fun!! Where & when will this take place??

    ReplyDelete